Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Prepaid Spark MasterCard®
Important information: Please read this Agreement carefully before activating your Account. The terms of this Agreement and fees apply to all customers from 01/01/2016.
Definitions and definitions:
It means an electronic money account we issue to our customers, including the prepaid card linked to that account.
It is the reimbursement fee as reflected in the Table of Fees and Limits.
Table of Fees and Limits
It is the table at the end of this document.
KYC or “Know Your Customer” means the customer identification, the requirements for identification and customer information in accordance with the Regulations for the Prevention of Money Laundering.
It means a prepaid card Standard Due Diligence / Prepaid Cards Issued instantly.
The monetary value stored on the electronic media (including magnetic media), represented by a claim on the issuer which is issued on receipt of funds for the purpose of making payment transactions, and accepted by people other than the issuer of the electronic money.
All payment services, electronic money and other related services available to the Customer and / or the Card Holder (s) Additional Card if any, made by using the Account and / or Card The Spark MasterCard prepaid card is issued by Prepaid Financial Services Limited under license from MasterCard International Incorporated. Prepaid Financial Services is regulated and authorized by the Financial Conduct Authority. Registered office at 36 Carnaby Street London, W1F7DR. Registration number 554603.
Username and Password
Login data chosen by the customer to access their services via the Internet
We or our
It is understood it is Prepaid Financial Services Limited, issuer of electronic money.
Additional Card Holders
It means that the Customer may request up to 3 additional Prepaid cards if desired.
It means the date on which the card will stop working.
Any day from Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 18:00 CET, excluding national holidays in Spain
It means any fees payable by the Customer, as shown in the Table of Fees and Limits.
It means the identification of the Company, requirements for identification and information about the companies, according to the Regulations for the Prevention of Money Laundering.
The term “limitation period” means the period of 6 years from the termination of this Agreement.
It is the retailer or any other person who accepts electronic money.
It is meant adding money into your account.
It is the nonphysical electronic prepaid card, whose use is limited to purchases by Internet, telephone or mail orders.
It means the customer and/or any person that has received a card from the customer as an additional cardholder, as described by these Terms and Conditions.
Entities or Associations
Those reflected on the card.
1. About us:
2. Management of the Prepaid Card:
You can view your online transaction history and the card information by logging at www.tarjetaspark.es, or you can call us at +34 91 29 39 789 to communicate the loss or theft of your card. If you prefer, you can send us an e-mail to [email protected]
3. Your contract with us:
- 1.The issuer of the Spark Prepaid MasterCard is Prepaid Financial Services Limited, which also provides Payment Services. We are a company registered in England and Wales under Registration Number 6337638. Our company is authorized and regulated as an issuer of electronic money by the Financial Conduct Authority (regulatory body for financial services in the UK). Our registered office is located at: 4th Floor, 36 Carnaby Street, London W1F 7DR.2.
- The details of the license authorization by the Financial Conduct Authority are available on public records. The details on our license authorization granted by the Financial Conduct Authority are available on the website of public records: www.fsa.gov.uk/register/2EMD/2EMD_MasterRegister.html
- The Company SPI – Servicios de Prepago Integrales S.L. operates the Spark Prepaid MasterCard Program on behalf of Prepaid Financial Services.
- Your Prepaid Card will remain the property of Prepaid Financial Services Limited at all times.
4. Your card and account with us:
You can reload your prepaid card subject to the limits in the Table of Fees and Limits. We reserve the right to change these limits and to refuse to reload at any time. A reload fee may be applied.
- These terms and conditions govern the relationship between you and us for the provision of Payment Services from Prepaid Financial Services. This Agreement also contains notices and important information that may affect your rights and your ability to recover your money. By activating your account, you are deemed to have accepted and understood all the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and to fulfill them by using the card or the indication of acceptance.
- The card is neither a credit card, not has been issued by a bank. You will not receive any interest on the balance of it.
- Payment Services are payment in advance services, not a credit or bank product, so you ought to make sure you have sufficient funds available to pay every purchase you make, and all payments or cash withdrawals you make using the Payment Services.
- When you receive your card, you must activate it by sending an SMS to +34 600 67 07 07 (you will receive your PIN). Then you must register on the website. Normally, the card is ready for use almost immediately or at the end of the steps indicated on the platform. If you do not activate and register your card, any transaction attempt may be refused.
- In the case where you are a business and we have requested the issuance of a prepaid card and the corresponding PIN for one or more of your employees, you agree to allow each employee to do transactions on your behalf. As the account holder, you are responsible for the use of the cards and of any fees or charges that may be incurred by your employees. The use of the prepaid card by your employees shall be considered as confirmation that they have been notified of these terms and conditions, and that they have accepted them before using the card. You agree to provide a copy of these terms to all holders of the card.
- Prepaid Financial Services’ Prepaid cards cannot be shared with third parties.
5. Know Your Customer (KYC):
- To purchase a card, you must be at least 18 years old. We may ask for evidence to prove that you are who you say you are and your current address. You are required to help us meeting the rules applicable to the KYC and anti-money laundering requirements in our company. Our regulatory requirements require that we maintain records of the information and documents provided by you, which you also agree to. To satisfy and meet our regulations and KYC requirements of the cardholder, documents may be requested and verified before the prepaid card is activated and ready for use.
- We do not verify your solvency, but if it appears on your credit history, it will include the words “no credit check”.
- The purchase of the card or its use indicate that you accept the checks described in this Agreement.
- The SDD cards are subject to lower reload limits and are available to anyone over 18 years. You can change the card to an upper level (a fee may apply) providing us your KYC documents. If it is not possible to verify documents, card holders may be rejected.
- The currency of your prepaid card will be the amount or the equivalent in local currency in which your Card is denominated. For example; Euro €, USD $, or £ sterling.
- Whenever permitted, it may request additional cards linked to your card or main account. We count on your authorization to issue cards (and their respective PIN) for additional card holders, and you authorize each additional holder to do transactions on your behalf. You will be responsible for fees, transactions, use or misuse of any card or additional requested card.
- You agree that this Agreement shall also apply to any additional card holder that you provide. You also agree to disclose this Agreement to any additional card holders before they start to use the card.
- Enterprise customers: to apply for our Prepaid Card you may be a partnership or a public or private limited liability company. You will need to provide evidence of KYB regarding the business’ identity and address of the company. We may require documentary evidence that proves its identity and / or verify all information provided to us through credit reference agencies or fraud prevention and other agencies. You will also be asked to comply with KYC requirements set out in Section 5.1. We can also perform a search of credit histories in order to verify the identity of its owners, directors, partners or employees. The agencies may keep a record of the information and searches made.
All fees applicable to your prepaid card are included in the fee table at the end of this document. Should we modify these fees at some point, we will communicate it 2 months in advance. If you do not contact us within that time, we understand that you want to accept the changes and continue to use the card.
7. Using the prepaid card:
The card may be used only by the person to which name has been issued.
8. Possible restrictions on the card:
- The card is neither linked to any bank account nor a warranty card or a credit card.
- You can use the Payment Services up to the balance available for transactions in the corresponding system stores. If the balance available is not enough to pay for a transaction, some merchants will not allow you to combine the use of a card with other payment methods.
- Certain transactions, such as payment on an automatic petrol stations and tolls may be restricted by the administrator card program.
- Some businesses, such as restaurants, can pre-authorize up to 20% of the total value of the transaction before processing the final bill.
- Your ability to use or access the Payment Services may occasionally be interrupted, for example in the case that we should proceed to the maintenance of our system. Please contact the Customer Service via our website to notify any problems detected.
9. Closing your card:
- As the customer, you can close your Payment Services at any time sending an e-mail, as specified in previous section 2, communicating us your desire to close the services and request the return of the unused funds. The message will need to be sent from the e-mail address registered to the account. Our customer service department will immediately cancel the use of your payment services.
- In order to proceed with the account closure and perform the unused funds reimbursement, we may ask you to provide the KYC documents specified in section 5.1.
- Once we have received all the necessary information (including KYC) and all transactions, fees, and charges have been completed, we will reimburse the customer the remaining unused balance minus the fees and charges owed to us, as long as:
- The customer has not performed fraud or severe negligence, or has acted in a way that is suspected of fraud or severe negligence, and
- we are not obligated to retain the remaining balance due to law enforcement agencies, court order, or any other government entity.
- Once the Payment Services have been canceled, it will be the customers responsability to destroy his/her cards.
- You have a 14 day period from the moment of purchase to exercise your “right of period of reflection”. We will cancel the card and return your funds subject to section 10.3.
- If, after the reimbursement of your available balance, we discover that there has been new transactions or charges using the card, or if we receive a cancelation of a previous funds transfer, we will notify you and you will have to immediately credit us the amount requested as debt.
- Our objective is to provide our clients with an easy access to our Customer Service that receives, registers, investigates, and responds disputes. If you are not satisfied with any of our services, please send us an email to [email protected]
- We take disputes very seriously and we value the opportunity that we are given to review the way we conduct our activity and achieve the expectations of our clients. Our objective is to resolve in the fastest and most efficient way possible any dispute that you may have. Therefore, we indicate in the next sections the steps to follow.
- First of all, your first communication will be with our Customer Service team. Our customer service team will responde to your dispute in five business days. We will do everything in our power to solver the dispute in this phase.
- You commit youself to provide us with all receipts and relevant information that we request to process your dispute.
- If our Customer Service team is not able to resolve your dispute, we will forward the dispute to our Dispute Department, that will answer you in a period of 14 business days. You can contact to this department through e-mail at [email protected]
- If after providing our dispute department with all the requested information, including receipts and copies of all communications send and received, you are still not satisfied with our response, you can present your dispute to the Financial Ombudsman Service: [email protected] Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, Londres E14 9SR.
11. Lost or stolen cards:
In the event that your card is lost or stolen, you will need to notify us and we will immediately block your card. You can use block the card yourself using our Interactive Voice Response (IVR). You might be asked for a card replacement fee. If you find your old card afterwards, we will not be able to reactivate it again, therefore you will have to destroy it and wait for the new prepaid card to arrive.
12. Terms and Conditions modifications:
These terms and conditions (including the Table of Fees and Limits) can be modified or updated. Any modification will be notified through our website, e-mail, or mobile phone at least two months before the change takes effect. If you continue to use our Payment Services after the two month notice, you recognize that you are accepting the modified or updated terms and conditions. If you do not accept the new terms and conditions, you will need to stop using our Payment Services immediately according to our cancelation policy.
13. Retraction period and right to cancel account
If you acquire the Payment Services through mail, internet, fax, e-mail, or electronically, you have a retraction period of 14 days from the date the card was purchased. Inside the 14 day period, you can withdraw from our service through written notification without penalty. After the 14 day period, you can cancel your account according to section 11.
14. Deposit Guarantee System:
The Payment Services, the card, and the account are payment products and not deposit, credit, or banking products, and as such are not covered by the Financial Services Compensation System.
15. Funds protection:
Your funds are safeguarded by law. In the event that Prepaid Financial Services became insolvent your e-money funds are protected against claims made by any other creditors.
16. Fees Table:
The information in this fees table summarizes the characteristics of the Spark MasterCard prepaid card with the purpose of indicating the applicable fees. The fees are not intended to substitute any of the terms and conditions established previously.
17. Load, reload, and usage limits:
We apply our own account and card limits according to the type of card, level of identification, loading method, as well as other internal risk management criteria. In some cases, we run the risk of not having immediate credit for the loading of your account, but only after a reasonable period in order to prevent abusive usage of your account or avoiding fraudulent activity from third parties.
In order to see the complete User Guide with all the terms and conditions please click here